Saturday, December 27, 2014

A Heavy Weight

Of all of my New Year's goals, changing my weight is probably the most visible. 

I have been struggling with my weight for the last few years but this last year has been really horrible. I put on close to 50 extra pounds and it has really affected me. I am totally out of shape and after awhile I just gave up and stopped trying to eat right and exercise. I started eating everything I could get my hands on and stopped moving my body at all. Now I'm a couch potato and a junk food-a-holic. 

I hate the way I look. As I mentioned before, looking in the mirror disgusts me but it's more than that. My health is failing. My back hurts horribly all the time, my knees ache and I just generally feel run down. I need a painkiller to get out of bed in the morning and I can't do that anymore. I have two choices here, I can roll over and succumb to the way I'm feeling or I can fight to get healthy again and I choose to fight. I cannot be one of those people who relies on painkillers to just get them through the day anymore. I have to take charge of my health and get back into shape. 

So that's what I'm going to do. I've been talking to my friend Leah and she has been so great listening to me and offering her advice. I'm joining a group and starting Shakeology and a workout called PiYo. It's a combination of Pilates and Yoga and I just can't wait to see where this takes me. 

Unfortunately the change is going to take awhile and I am not the most patient person in the world. I'm just going to have to stay motivated and keep trucking along even though it's going to be a slow process. I recently read The Eat Clean Diet and I can't wait to put healthy food into my everyday life. 

I'm so ready for a change. I NEED a change. I need to take hold of my life. Start making things happen instead of letting things happen to me. I'm just so excited to begin this new chapter in my life and can't wait to get started!

No comments:

Post a Comment